Bismuth (Bi)

Bismuth (Bi) is a non-essential element of somewhat low toxicity, but the excessive intake can cause kidney toxicity and brain toxicity. Bi is used prolifically in manufactured products.

Sources of Bi include:

  1. cosmetics, particularly lipstick
  2. medications; commonly in antacids (Pepto-Bismol®)
  3. pigments in colored glass and ceramics
  4. dental cement
  5. dry cell battery electrodes

Symptoms of moderate Bi toxicity are:

  1. constipation or irregularity
  2. foul breath
  3. blue/black gum line
  4. malaise

High levels of Bi include:

  1. kidney disease in children
  2. nondiabetic chronic renal disease
  3. neurotoxic tremors
  4. memory loss and dementia
  5. leg and muscle jerking
  6. seizures

Lets Get Started

Dr. Hull's Hair Test is $180 USD which includes a lab report and her detailed interpretation with nutrition recommendations.

About Dr. Janet Starr Hull

Janet Starr Hull, PhD, CN has been offering the hair analysis service since 1995. She is the leading expert in environmental toxicology and holistic health and nutrition. Dr. Hull is the first nutritionist to offer the hair analysis through the internet. Connect with Dr. Hull on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.